Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Akiva Israel Slams Michael W. Reid, Jr. In LPNY Circles

It has recently come to my attention that on or about March 26, 2009, Akiva Israel posted an article entitled "The Truth About Mike Reid" to a number of unofficial Libertarian Party related Yahoo Groups. The text of that article was identical in each case and included the following language:

Attention: LP Members

Earlier this month, I was found NOT GUILTY of all charges filed against me with respect to an incident that took place on April 1, 2008 in a room at the Chestnut Hill Hotel at 8229 Germantown Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Mike Reid, a member of the state committee of the libertarian party of New York, had claimed I handcuffed and shackled him against his will, hit him with a baseball bat and threatened his life. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, I was the only person seriously injured in the altercation. On the advice of my attorney, I could not previously discuss what really happened but now that I have been found NOT GUILTY of all charges, I can finally set the record straight. I met Mike Reid at Chestnut Hill College in January, 2008. We were both students there and Mike asked me to tutor him on a variety of topics. The professional relationship soon grew into a personal one and we started spending most of our free time together. We also talked on the phone for hours each night. The intensity grew and quite by accident during one of our study sessions, I slapped him in the face because he was late for one of our meetings. I don't know why I thought he would like it but I was certainly correct. It was clear to me Mike was sexually aroused by that slap and we ended up in his dorm room that night for some extended play. Our relationship lasted for nearly two and a half months. During that time, we had sex almost every day. Handcuffs and leg shackles were a part of our play as was verbal abuse. Mike especially liked being called "pussy boy" and after he was turned on by my verbal insults, I would usually "ride him like a pony until he squealed like a pig" as I would often say. In any case, on April 1, 2008, we decided to stay overnight at the Chestnut Hill Hotel. Mike drove us there and took out money from an ATM to pay for his share of the room. After we were there for a few hours playing around, I put the handcuffs and leg shackles on him. The leg shackles were breakaways and the handcuffs were left loose. We got into a heated argument regarding a friend I had that Mike was jealous of and at some point he attacked me. My skull ended up being cracked open and while I was being taken to the hospital, Mike told the police I attacked him which resulted in my being arrested. Maybe in retrospect, I could have anticipated a violent end to our intense relationship. Mike was jealous of the friends I had but I also demanded that in return for my time and tutoring, that he devote his full time to me. I worked hard to drive a wedge between Mike and his professional and political mentor. I also started telling Mike stories of demons and how the world was going to end in 2012. I did so because I knew Mike was open to believing such things while his mentor was a man devoted to science and reason, as I am. The truth is we couldn't get enough of each other and our jealousy ultimately resulted in this tragic incident. That being said, Mike Reid lied to the police about what happened in that Chestnut Hill Hotel room on April 1, 2008 and for almost a year, I have had to defend against felony charges filed against me. Now that I have been found NOT GUILTY, I intend to make Mike Reid pay for his lies in the months and years ahead at a time when he least expects it. This is all I intend to say on the matter.

Akiva Israel

Michael W. Reid, Jr., who at the time of the posts served as an elected At-Large Member of the State Committee of the Libertarian Party of New York, has understandably not responded to these posts since doing so would open him up to civil liability for defamation and the possible filing of criminal charges against him should the prosecutor believe Mike Reid lied to the District Attorney when he claimed Akiva Israel attacked him. Mr. Reid would have a hard time defending against such a civil suit since Mr. Israel was found "not guilty" of all charges that were filed against him. Mr. Reid would have an easier time defending against criminal charges since a "reasonable doubt" probably exists in his favor, just as it existed in Akiva Israel's favor.

Mike Reid did not attend the March or April, 2009 LPNY State Committee Meeting and did not attend the LPNY State Convention in Rochester, New York on Saturday, April 25, 2009. Mr. Reid also did not run for re-election as an At-Large Member of the LPNY State Committee and did not renew his membership in the Libertarian Party of Queens County. It is unknown whether his sudden disappearance from LPNY circles is as a result of these Akiva Israel posts.

In Liberty,

Dr. Tom Stevens
LPNY State Committee Member

No comments:

Post a Comment