Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Luis Rivas Appointed President Of Objectivist Party Of California

On May 14, 2013, Luis Rivas was appointed to serve as President of the Objectivist Party of California.

In accepting the appointment, Luis Rivas said:

Objectivism came to me as a curiosity. I heard people mention the name Ayn Rand and the more I asked, the more negative answers I got. As a result, I decided to read about her and read what she wrote so I could draw my own conclusions. Her perspectives and philosophy resonated with me. It was something I had been searching for. I came out of the punk-scene where "individual attitude" and "individualism" was a primary value but at the same time, it was largely a collectivist ideal where you don't fit in well if you say you want to be successful. America to me is supposed to be a place where individuals go out and reach their highest potential, where the government stays out of the way and is only there to protect each person's individual rights. 

I always wanted to get more involved in politics. It was always something that interested me. One day, I asked myself, "what if there was a party that promoted Objectivism" and like any curious person, I searched the web and there it was: http://www.objectivistparty.us. I looked at the site, read about the party and loved it! I joined the Objectivist Party and all the relevant Facebook Groups and when the call went out for new officers, I expressed my enthusiasm and availability. 

I consider my new role as President of the Objectivist Party of California to be an exciting new adventure and a great opportunity. I thank Dr. Tom Stevens for his confidence in me and for his willingness to help me achieve great things for the Objectivist Party in California. I will do everything I can to make it influential and to work with the members to make a difference in our effort to promote liberty and reason.

The Objectivist Party of California was chartered on August 9, 2008. Its first President was Nicholas Huber, who served from August 9, 2008 to August 12, 2010. Its second President was Maxfield Bern, who served from August 12, 2010 to May 14, 2013.

The Objectivist Party was founded by Thomas Robert Stevens on February 2, 2008, Ayn Rand's birthday. It seeks to promote Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism in the political realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment