Sunday, May 19, 2013

Northampton County Libertarian Party Endorses Jeremy Clark For Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 136

On May 18, 2013, the Libertarian Party of Northampton County voted unanimously to endorse Jeremy Clark as the Libertarian Party's candidate for Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 136, a district located entirely in Northampton County.

In accepting the nomination, Jeremy Clark wrote:

I am thrilled and honored by the endorsement of the Northampton County Libertarian Party to be the next Representative for the 136th District. The members of the Northampton County Libertarian Party work tirelessly for liberty in the county and across the state. Their members played a crucial role in fighting the cowardly GOP attempt to limit voters' options and remove Gary Johnson from the ballot last year.

Similarly, it is in the name of a real choice that I am running. Every election cycle voters are limited to two - increasingly similar - parties. All the while, the obvious issues are never addressed. The sad truth is that the two parties care more about elections, power, and money than solving problems.

I am a libertarian because I believe that a freer society is a better society. I believe that we get better results as individuals and communities than from the dictates of Harrisburg and Washington. I believe the corruption of the Turnpike Commission, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board, the IRS, and countless other agencies are merely examples of the inevitable consequences of party over principle. I believe our system needs a serious reform movement that focuses on transparency and local solutions.

I am running for office in the 136th because I love this community. I was born in Pennsylvania but I married into the Lehigh Valley. I met my wife Liz, and Easton native, at the University of Delaware. After graduating and serving 4 years as an infantry officer in the Army including three combat tours, I was finally able to return to Pennsylvania. I attended law school at Villanova and now have a private practice in Easton where I live with Liz and our two daughters. It would be an honor to serve as the Representative for this community that I have come to love so much.

Dr. Tom Stevens, County Chair of the Libertarian Party of Northampton County, said:

In nominating Jeremy Clark, we have endorsed an American Hero, a devoted family man and an American Patriot dedicated to preserving our freedoms and protecting us from intrusive government that continues to undermine our civil liberties and fails to respect our individual rights. Once the people of the 136th District get to know Jeremy Clark, I have no doubt they will want him to serve as their State Representative. The Northampton LP is honored to have found such a qualified and charismatic candidate to run for this office. 

The election for Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 136 takes place in 2014. The district is currently represented by Robert L. Freeman, a Democrat, who has served since 1999.



No comments:

Post a Comment